http://www.israpund <http://www.israpundit.com/2006/> it.com/2006/

CAIR must be outed and defeated

Stephen Schwartz, a well known convert to Islam, and a proponent of moderate
Islam as the solution takes on CAIR. Is their no way that CAIR can be
outlawed as a subversive organization.

 <http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/homeland.php?id=960668> CAIR FEELS
THE HEAT

But finally, CAIR will be defeated only by a multi-faceted campaign to
provide government and media with an authoritative and comprehensive
moderate Muslim alternative to CAIR and its ideology, offering a completely
different agenda from that of CAIR - one that is loyal to Western governing
institutions and committed to a genuinely American expression of Islam.

[..] If the agenda of the Stalinists and Wahhabis in America seems
identical, so has the camouflage. For decades the American Communists
claimed to be the only consistent defenders of civil rights for Blacks and
other minorities. However, when support for African Americans conflicted
with Soviet orders, the Communists denounced civil rights advocates - as
late as the 1960s they tried to turn Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. against
the long-serving but anti-Communist Black leaders and intellectuals, A
Philip Randolph, Bayard Rustin, and James Baldwin. Today, I believe, CAIR
poses as a civil-liberties agency when its real task is to exclude and
suppress moderate Sunni and other non-Wahhabi Muslims, keeping them out of
mosques, academia, and other public institutions.

How do we defeat CAIR?

The counter-jihad against CAIR requires much more than reaction to it.
Trying to reply to CAIR's efforts after they are accomplished provides
little help. Improvised polemics by individuals ignorant of Islam, "clever"
tricks, or speculative lawsuits may do more harm than good, by reinforcing
CAIR's self-image as a guardian of American Muslims against discrimination.

Educating the non-Muslim public about CAIR's real program is necessary, and
can help win the struggle, as was seen when U.S. Senator from California
Barbara Boxer, a Democrat, repudiated an endorsement extended to CAIR.
Actively lobbying the DOJ and DHS to exclude CAIR from its consultations
will also prove effective.

But finally, CAIR will be defeated only by a multi-faceted campaign to
provide government and media with an authoritative and comprehensive
moderate Muslim alternative to CAIR and its ideology, offering a completely
different agenda from that of CAIR - one that is loyal to Western governing
institutions and committed to a genuinely American expression of Islam.

American Communism was defeated when outstanding liberals, progressives,
labor organizers, sincere pacifists, and legitimate social protest leaders
turned against it.

CAIR will be defeated as outstanding Muslim representatives, including
imams, teachers, and community activists repudiate it.

Like the Stalinists, if not in direct imitation of them, CAIR obviously
knows how to work the American system to its benefit. The American
Communists prevailed on the U.S. Supreme Court to find that a network that
had actively recruited spies, traitors, and terrorists should still enjoy
full constitutional rights of advocacy for its beliefs, absent a clear and
present danger that the government would be overthrown. As I recently
learned from a member of a delegation of Western European Muslims visiting
the U.S. as guests of the State Department, CAIR representatives, to whom
State also took the visitors (!) praised American democracy because it
allows the American Wahhabis to promote radical Islam with full
constitutional protection.

American Communists agitated against inequality but spent most of their time
ostracizing and even murdering their critics in the American progressive and
labor milieux. While no murder on American soil can be pinned on CAIR, the
Wahhabi organization also considers its highest priority to be discrediting
its moderate Muslim critics.

I will claim no false modesty in noting that I am one of the individuals
CAIR most wishes to disparage. A little more than a year ago, in March 2006,
CAIR's Chicago director, Ahmed Rehab, circulated an internal memorandum
calling for opposition research against me, to be publicized by a
clandestine unit ostensibly "independent" of CAIR. Once again, CAIR seems to
have taken a page from the Stalinist handbook, in seeking to establish a
"front group" separate from the directing entity, dedicated to defamation
and intimidation of its critics.

Unfortunately for the American Wahhabis, I am a published author, journalist
and speaker and my biography is public. Efforts to smear me because of my
long experience as a literary nonconformist - something I have no intention
of disavowing - as well as my leftist past, have failed, as have comical
attempts to portray me as a secret jihadist. [I previously dealt with Rehab
for FSM, the antidote to the MSM, on December 20, 2006 and January 10, 2007.
His 2006 memorandum is available here: www.danielpipes.org/blog/230].

More recently, a Detroit mosque member took notes during a speech by CAIR
Michigan director Dawud Walid and sent them to me. In his diatribe, Walid
removed the mask. He whined that Arabs are the main victims of anti-Muslim
feelings, and denounced Balkan and other non-Arab Muslims, as well as Iraqi
Shia Muslims, who are strongly represented in the Detroit area, for
maintaining their separate identities, even though anybody who knows Islam
recognizes that like Christianity and Judaism, it takes different cultural
forms around the world.

Walid went on to describe Muslims in "the Philippines, Kashmir, Iraq,
Somalia, and Algeria" - and only these countries, in all of which terrorism
is a serious problem - as future victims of "humiliation." He threatened
further terrorism in Iraq as a response to U.S.-led attempts to keep Sunnis
and Shias from fighting. He also railed against those he called "neo-Sufis,"
a strange usage that could refer to the adherents of a new form of Islamic
spiritualism, but is probably intended to equate certain Sufi critics of
radical Islam, like myself, with neoconservatism. Walid also bragged that as
an African American Muslim, he can "get away" with saying things publicly
that immigrant Muslims cannot - presumably, a reference to CAIR's avowal
that it seeks to Islamize America in accord with Wahhabi ideology. Finally,
Walid denounced as Zionist propaganda the mass protests over the atrocities
committed in Darfur.

That is, from my standpoint, the real CAIR - not a protector of civil
rights, but a network dedicated to Arab supremacy in Islam, even on American
territory, to the suppression of non-Arab Muslim traditions, to a legal
cover for radical incitement, to slander against spiritual Muslims, and to
Jew-baiting.

Nevertheless, CAIR is feeling the heat - otherwise, it would spend no time
on opposition research and public campaigning against its moderate Muslim
adversaries. The heat should be turned up, both inside and outside America.
American and Canadian Muslim leaders can be organized against CAIR. Its main
foreign backer, Saudi Arabia, may be compelled, as part of the process of
reform, to cut off funding to it and other Wahhabi and radical Sunni groups
around the world. CAIR may then be relegated, like American Communism, to
the dustbin of history.

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=12603557/grpspId=1705303296/msgI
d=202681/stime=1179247873/nc1=4438967/nc2=3848615/nc3=3848445>