http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Lieberman_attack_warning/2008/07/01/10897
3.html?s=al
<http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Lieberman_attack_warning/2008/07/01/1089
73.html?s=al&promo_code=654C-1> &promo_code=654C-1

White House Affirms Lieberman's Attack Warning

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 1:50 PM

By: Rick Pedraza        Article Font Size
<javascript:setActiveStyleSheet('default');>
<javascript:setActiveStyleSheet('largeFont');>

that the United States will likely face a terrorist attack in 2009, White
House Press Secretary Dana Perino agreed Monday, saying, "I think Senator
Lieberman, unfortunately, could be right."

Perino says Lieberman's warning that terrorists could test the new president
with an attack next year might just hold true. The spokeswomen for the Bush
Administration agrees with Lieberman's assessment that extremists determined
to attack the U.S. will likely exploit the situation of a newly elected
president assuming office.

"The only reason I say that is because we know that there are people who are
very dangerous who are trying to attack us every day," Perino says in an
official White House press briefing transcript provided Monday and released
through Associated Press.

Lieberman, the four-term Independent Party senator from Connecticut,
supports presidential candidate John McCain, R-Ariz., in the upcoming
November election and feels McCain will be better prepared than presidential
rival Barack Obama, D-Ill., to handle on early attack on U.S. soil.

"Our enemies will test the new president early [in the new administration],"
Lieberman forewarns. "Remember, the truck bombing of the World Trade Center
happened in the first year of the Clinton administration, and 9/11 happened
in the first year of the Bush administration."

Lieberman says the United States is in desperate need of a
commander-in-chief who will best be prepared to lead the nation immediately
upon taking office and says McCain is that candidate because "he doesn't
need any training. He knows the world. He's been tested, and he's ready to
protect the security of the American people."

Lieberman reminds, "We're in a war against Islamic extremists who attacked
us on 9/11, and they've been trying to attack us in many ways since then."

Perino, when asked about that statement, says Lieberman is correct in his
assessment that there continues to be extremists determined to attack the
U.S., according to a report from AHN.

"The reason I say it's unfortunate that Senator Lieberman could be right is
that with all these terrorists plotting to kill innocent people - not just
in America but elsewhere, amongst our allies, or even innocent Muslims like
we've seen in Iraq and elsewhere - they only have to be right once," Perino
says.

"And we have to be right all the time. So he [Lieberman] could be right, but
we're doing everything we can to prevent it."