http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=40070

 <http://www.humanevents.com/search.php?topic_name=Guns+%26+Patriots>
http://www.humanevents.com/images/lg_gp_banner.jpg

<http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.humanevents.com%2Fart
icle.php%3Fid%3D40070&t=Debrief%3A%20Militia%20Operation%20at%20the%20AZ%20B
order%20-%20HUMAN%20EVENTS&src=sp> Share3

        http://w.sharethis.com/images/hbutton.gif

 <http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?print=yes&id=40070>
http://www.humanevents.com/images/v2/print_icon.gif

Print <http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?print=yes&id=40070>

 <http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?email=yes&id=40070>
http://www.humanevents.com/images/v2/forward_icon.gif

Forward <http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?email=yes&id=40070>

1 <http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=40070#disqus_thread>
Comments <http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=40070#comments>

Debrief: Militia Operation at the AZ Border

by Amelia Foxwell
<http://www.humanevents.com/search.php?author_name=Amelia+Foxwell>

11/23/2010

Trackback Link
<http://disqus.com/forums/heo/debrief_militia_operation_at_the_az_border/tra
ckback/>

The recent Arizona mission described in my previous articles has been
concluded. Readers have expressed an interest in the outcome of our attempts
to assist Border Patrol and the unfortunate residents of southern Arizona.
In the interest of brevity I cannot accurately describe the day-to-day
operations in a manner befitting your sincere attention to this matter, but
I can break it down into a well known format that should suffice.

The Good

American patriots from around the state of Florida and abroad stepped up to
the plate in an admirable and honorable fashion by donating equipment,
ammunition, food supplies and money in support of this operation. Without
their help this trip would have been an enormous burden for the Florida
team. All returning members have repeatedly stressed that, if I write
nothing else, a truly sincere thank you letter to all that assisted is
called for. So, on behalf of these men and their survival, thank you
patriots!

<http://oascentral.humanevents.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/humanevents.co
m/gnp/L19/24393212/Middle2/EaglePub/SpecProd_GNPweb_remnant/2009-1117_300x25
0_G-P_PSG_300x250b.gif/536c795a7a6b7a727630554143436452?x>
http://imagec12.247realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/EaglePub/SpecProd_G
NPweb_remnant/2009-1117_300x250_G-P_PSG_300x250b.gif

Following a non-stop, forty hour road trip that included five men, two
vehicles and a supply trailer, the first element of our team arrived in the
southern Arizona desert caustically dubbed "Cartel Corridor". Civilization
was quickly a memory and the desert stretched for miles in all directions.
The team was greeted and quickly briefed by a lone Georgia patriot (and
friend) known only by his call sign "Bushmaster". This man remained a
liaison with the Arizona units and worked with our team throughout all
operations.

Over the next week and a half, during which time three more Florida team
members arrived to assist, the team reconnoitered by day and patrolled or
set up LP/OPs (listening posts/observation posts) by night. Sleep was only
to be in starts and fits. In all, the Florida team was able to intercept two
drug runners, confiscate a total of eighty-one pounds of marijuana, identify
and clear multiple smuggling operation overlooks, clear supply caves, divert
an unknown number of illegal aliens and their coyote guides and establish
excellent rapport with local and federal law enforcement. It is also
important to note that units from Arizona located multiple staging areas for
drug runners and shared this intelligence with Border Patrol. Although these
articles focus on the Florida team, enough cannot be said for the good that
the American Civil Sentinels of Arizona and their leader, "Grayhawk"
continue to do on the border. Our hats are off in respect to these men and
women.

In a final note we wish to thank the couple from Iowa, who will only be
identified as "Hawkeye" and "Cricket" for their help in re-supply
observation and base camp security. They spent their own money and time to
go to Arizona and help in any way they could, simply out of a sense of duty.
God bless America and her true sons and daughters!

The Bad

The desert of southern Arizona is beautiful. in pictures! Every plant, weed
or rock there hates you and wants to kill you. It is a rugged terrain that
prefers its isolation left intact. It is the home of scorpions,
rattlesnakes, coyotes (the animal) and the dreaded Jumping Cholla Cactus.
Now, in Florida we are no stranger to dangerous flora and fauna, but the
desert does take some getting used to. Suffice it to say that needle and
thread are a must-have for your combat load. These items will be needed for
clothing. or skin, as the situation dictates.

On a more serious note, the young men and women who make their living
through our taxes in this environment are horribly understaffed. The Bureau
of Land Management Rangers and U.S. Border Patrol are quite often found to
be roaming the desert in marked vehicles alone or, at best, with one other
agent. They are outmanned, outgunned and constantly under the surveillance
of mountaintop observers that report their every move to the drug runners
and coyotes. This situation has not changed in many years and is one of the
primary reasons the cartels have been able to grow so powerful and so
violent. The Rangers and BP often find themselves further handcuffed by the
orders of their superiors as various political (and potentially deadly)
games are played by decision makers. This will never change until the
situation on the border is finally viewed as a viable national threat to be
addressed by U.S. military intervention. Nothing less will be even remotely
effective.

The Ugly

Okay, here is the cold, hard truth. The collective efforts of county law
enforcement, BLM Rangers, U.S. Border Patrol and concerned citizen-soldiers
(read, "Militia") are currently as effective in stopping this criminal
invasion of our country as attempting to bail out the ocean with a Dixie
cup. The reports from mainstream media are almost criminal themselves
because of their lack of intensity. Make no mistake about it dear reader,
your country has been, and continues to be, invaded by a vast army of
violent criminals intent on ruling through brutality and intimidation. This
is not because they are Mexican, or Guatemalan, or Colombian. It is because
they are criminals with a criminal mindset. Citizens and police officers
just south of the border now live under the constant threat of sudden and
violent murder. As reported by the Associated Press, Americans that have
recently made the mistake of stepping into Mexico have been immediately
gunned down. The cartels will soon (if not already) have complete control of
the towns, cities and ranches of Mexico. The people will either bend to
their ways or die. The cartels do not compromise, they do not negotiate and
they do not quit. The violence amongst cartels for ultimate control rages
with no concern for collateral damage. Any concession or compassion is
viewed as weakness and spurs further brutal attacks. These wars are funded
by the sale of human slaves and illegal drugs inside the United States.
After applying these facts to brief and simple logic, you won't (or can't)
come to the conclusion that it will probably just stop on its own someday.
Of course it won't. And just like every other criminal atrocity throughout
history, ignoring it will only ensure that it gets worse.

Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-os...@yahoogroups.com.