<http://www.albalagh.net/_images/bismillah.gif>

In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

  <http://tiere.freepage.de/mpatria/assalam.gif>

"May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon You"

Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge
with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds.
Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah
leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but
Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

   <http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/doc/images/images3/flower-b.gif>

Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah

As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

  <http://www.islambasics.com/books/prohibitions/cover.jpg>

By: Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
<http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?authID=32>

Major Sins # 62

Not Cleaning Oneself Properly After Passing Urine

One of the beauties of Islam is that it teaches everything that will improve
and reform mankind, including how to remove impurities by cleaning oneself
properly after urinating or defecating.

But some people are very careless about this matter, and allow their clothes
and bodies to become contaminated, thus causing their prayers to be
invalidated.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that this is
one of the causes for the punishment in the grave.

Ibn Abbaas said: "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
passed by one of the gardens of Madeenah, and heard the sound of two men
being punished in their graves. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah
be upon him) said: "They are being punished, but they are not being punished
for any major sin. One of them used not to clean himself properly after
urinating, and the other used to spread malicious gossip."

(Reported by al-Bukhaari; see Fath al-Baari, 1/317).

Indeed, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that
"most of the punishment of the grave will be because of urine." (Reported by
Imaam Ahmad, 2/326; see also Saheeh al-Jaami, 1213).

Not cleaning oneself properly after urinating also includes undue haste in
completing the action, or deliberately urinating in a position or place
where the urine can come back on oneself, or failing to clean oneself
afterwards, or not cleaning oneself properly.

Modern imitation of the kuffaar has reached such an extent that some rest
rooms for men contain wall-mounted urinals which are open to view, so a
person who uses them is urinating in full view of anyone who comes and goes
with no shame, in the midst of impurity. Thus he combines two abhorrent and
forbidden acts in one deed: not hiding his private parts from the view of
others, and nor cleaning himself properly after urinating.

  Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups,
to post on Internet sites and to publish in full text and subject title in
not-for-profit publications.

Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-os...@yahoogroups.com.