<http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&username=xa-4d529beb02c4728d>
Bookmark and Share| (4)
<http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/site/comments/fathers-race-on-the-
obama-birth-certificate-only-a-curiosity-or-a-smoking-g/> Comments |
Subscribe <http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/CFP-subscriptions/>  | Print
friendly <http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/print-friendly/35884>  |
Contact Us
<mailto:lett...@canadafreepress.com?subject=Dear%20Canada%20Free%20Press>

 - Lawrence Sellin  Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I would like to begin by stating unequivocally that, for me, it does not
matter if Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii because he has never been
eligible to be President. He does not meet the natural born citizen clause
of the Constitution i.e. born in the United States, of parents who were both
U.S. citizens at the time of the candidate's birth.

I admit that I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, an expert on birth
documents nor am I terribly familiar with the details of the current birth
certificate controversy.

Nevertheless, there is one thing that I don't quite understand.

On the Certification of Live Birth (COLB), now widely available on the
internet, Obama's father's race is listed as "African".

First, "African" usually defines a location not a race.

Second, the common usage for the race of black Africans in 1961 would have
been "Negro" or "Negroid".

Third, "African" is not listed as a race in the federal Office of Management
and Budget policy documents (1977, 1997).

For the sake of argument, let's say that the terminology is peculiar to
Hawaii and Obama filed a Late Certificate of Birth or perhaps his documents
were updated in recent years.

In that case, the publicly available COLB must reflect what is written on
the source birth documents, even updated ones.

In Appendix B <http://www.csuchico.edu/cjhp/1/hawaii/91-104-sorensen.pdf>
"Hawaii Model - Standard for Clustering Race/Ethnicity Categories" contained
in an article published in 2003 by employees of the Hawaii Department of
Health, the word "African" appears as an "Aggregated Ethnic Group" under the
race category "Black (non-Hispanic)". That differs from the categories in
Appendix A, which apparently represented an earlier version and did not
contain the word "African".

Unless I am mistaken, that information might suggest that Barack Obama's
birth data were updated around 2003 or thereafter.

I don't know. Just asking. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-os...@yahoogroups.com.