http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/06/uk-muslim-nursing-ho
me-owner-bans-residents-from-eating-bacon-sandwiches-.html

June 05, 2011

UK: Muslim Nursing Home Owner "Bans Residents from Eating Bacon Sandwiches"

More Islamic supremacism. Imposing Islam on non-Muslims, as if we are not up
to our eyeballs in this nonsense.

Muslim care home owner
<http://www.mysun.co.uk/jonw1980/blog/2011/05/10/muslim-care-home-owner-bans
-pensioners-from-eating-bacon-sandwiches> 'bans pensioners from eating bacon
sandwiches' My Sun (hat tip TS)

A Muslim care home owner has been branded 'a disgrace' after banning his
pensioner residents from eating bacon.

The 40 pensioners - none of them Muslim - were shocked when all pork
products were cut off the menu by owner Dr Zulfikar Ali Khan.

He stopped deliveries from the butcher who supplied the home for years and
instead ordered halal-meat only from another firm.

The 40 pensioners - none of them Muslim - were shocked when all pork
products were cut off the menu by owner Dr Zulfikar Ali Khan.

It meant that the elderly residents at the 40-bed Queen's Care Centre in the
pit village of Maltby, near Rotherham, missed out on traditional favourites
like bacon sandwiches, sausage and mash, ham sandwiches and sausage rolls.

But the move has brought a furious reaction from the 37-strong staff - and
the families of residents.

Said a relative of an elderly resident : 'This is a disgrace. The old people
who are in the home and in their final years an deserve better.

'They are paying customers who are making profits for this man. The least he
can do is give them their favourite food.

'Bacon butties and bangers and mash is traditional English food and that's
what these people want, it's shocking that they should be deprived of the
food they like on the whim of this man.'

Said one member of staff , who asked not to be named: 'Only halal meat was
delivered to the home and all pork products such as bacon, ham sandwiches,
pork pies, sausages and even lard were stopped.

'He did not consult the residents or seek their approval. Bacon sandwiches
are a favourite here.

'It's also quite wrong that someone should impose their religious and
cultural beliefs on others like this.

'For many years meat has been supplied by Crawshaws, a Rotherham family
butcher but that contract ended two weeks ago and since then only halal meat
has been delivered along with other products with brand names you would not
recognise.

'We were told that if people wanted pork products we could go out and get
them, but in reality this has not worked.

'We only have halal meat on the premises and so this is all we had to serve
to residents because there is no other meat in the building.

UPDATE: This is from 2009 - still vile. Daily Mail had the story here
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1200532/Muslim-care-home-owner-bans
-pensioners-eating-bacon-sandwiches.html> .

Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-os...@yahoogroups.com.