between the lines

  _____

http://www.wnd.com/images/header_exclu_comm.gif

  _____

Is it fair to ask Muslims questions?

  _____

1:00 am Eastern

C 2011

The new "gotcha" questions the press is enjoying asking of Republican
presidential candidates go like this:

*       Would you be comfortable having Muslims serve in your
administration?

*       Would you have questions you might ask Muslims applying for work in
your administration that you might not ask others?

*       Do you believe there are loyalty concerns for Muslims that might not
exist for Christians or Jews?

*       Are Islam and the U.S. Constitution inherently incompatible?

I know these are tough questions for candidates to handle - especially under
the bright lights of live television debates and with only seconds to
process the information and articulate a coherent response.

So I would like to provide a list of legitimate concerns all good Americans
should have with Islam and the Shariah law that forms its very foundation.
Though this column will be caricatured all over the Internet as an example
of "Islamophobia," here are just a few indisputable facts:

*       In Islam, Shariah law is considered higher than any other law -
including the U.S. Constitution.

*       Many Islamic scholars interpret the Quran as saying it is not a
crime to kill "infidels" or "apostates," but a duty.

*       The plain language of Islamic law seems to permit the beating of a
wife.

*       Polygamy is clearly permitted in Islamic law and widely practiced
throughout the world.

*       In many parts of the Muslim world, rape victims are punished - often
severely, sometimes resulting in death.

*       Women are often subjected to threats and even violence for not
observing the strict dress codes of Islam.

*       Marriages in Islamic tradition can be involuntary for the woman.

*       In Islam, marriages of girls under the age of consent are
permissible.

*       Men can divorce women in Islam simply by repeating the phrase, "I
divorce you."

*       There is no concept of alimony in Shariah law.

*       There is no concept of child-visitation rights for women in Islam.

*       In Islam, it is acceptable for men unilaterally, in violation of
national or state laws, to kidnap their children from former wives - even
taking them to another country.

*       The notion of equality for women is unknown in traditional Islam.

*       Beheading and amputation of body parts are considered appropriate
forms of punishment under Islamic law.

*       The Islamic doctrine of Takkiya permits adherents to deceive
non-Muslims with lies, even under oath, if they serve to advance the faith.

I said these facts are "indisputable." By that I mean that Islamic clerical
scholars have affirmed these positions, some of them already clearly stated
in the Quran and Hadith. That does not suggest that all of those proclaiming
Islam as their faith adhere to these tenets. However, I don't think anyone
can dispute that these anti-American values are prevalent and widespread
throughout the Islamic world today. Indeed, there are Muslim-dominated
communities in the U.S. today where these values would be accepted by the
vast majority of the population.

It is with this in mind that I believe it is not only appropriate for
practicing Muslims to be scrutinized more carefully than non-Muslims for
employment in both the private and public sectors, it is actually
irresponsible not to do so.

We also have the added concern that a significant percentage of Muslims in
the U.S. and around the world believe it is their sworn duty to impose
Shariah law on the rest of humanity - including in America - by any means
necessary.

With all that in mind, would it not be reckless in the extreme to think of
Islam as just another faith like Christianity or Judaism, which formed the
foundation for Western civilization?

Given the fact that world history for the last 1,300 years can actually be
defined primarily as a conflict between Islam and the West, would it not be
reckless in the extreme to accept the politically correct view that there is
really no difference between Islam, Christianity and Judaism?

Would it not only be reasonable for a president to take all of the above
into consideration in making appointments and hiring for sensitive security
positions, but an exercise in prudence?

Sponsored Link: The majority of Americans are not prepared... for the next
big financial crisis. A wealthy Maryland businessman says it will change the
way we invest, travel, shop, and even retire.
<http://oascentral.stansberryresearch.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/worldne
tdaily/L13/1999967883/x31/StansRes/WND_PSI_EOA_VD_PS/GreenFaucet_PSI_EndOfAm
erica_VID_PS4302126743078555.html/536e73684a45332f6b6f344144635261> See what
you can do to be ready...

  _____

  _____

 <http://twitter.com/JosephFarah> http://www.wnd.com/images/farahtwitter.jpg

  _____

Joseph Farah is founder, editor and CEO of WND and a nationally syndicated
columnist with Creators Syndicate <http://www.creators.com> . He is the
author or co-author of 13 books, including his latest,
<http://superstore.wnd.com/s.nl/c.811217/id.1030/.f> "The Tea Party
Manifesto: A Vision for an American Rebirth," and his classic, "Taking
America Back: A Radical Plan to Revive Freedom, Morality and Justice,
<http://superstore.wnd.com/BOOKS/Taking-America-Back-Autographed-Updated-Cov
er-Paperback> " now in its third edition and 14 printings. Farah is the
former editor of the legendary Sacramento Union and other major-market daily
newspapers.

  _____

  _____

<http://www.addtoany.com/share_save#url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wnd.com%2Findex.php
%3Ffa%3DPAGE.view%26pageId%3D313029&title=Is%20it%20fair%20to%20ask%20Muslim
s%20questions%3F&description=%20The%20new%20%20gotcha%20%20questions%20the%2
0press%20is%20enjoying%20asking%20of%20Republican%20presidentia>
Share/Bookmark

<mailto:?subject=Is%20it%20fair%20to%20ask%20Muslims%20questions?&body=http:
//www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=313029>
http://www.wnd.com/images/email2friend.gif E-mail to a Friend

   <http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.printable&pageId=313029>
http://www.wnd.com/images/print_friendly.gifPrinter-friendly version

EMAIL JOSEPH FARAH <mailto:jfa...@worldnetdaily.com>  | GO TO JOSEPH FARAH
ARCHIVE <http://www.wnd.com/index.php/?pageId=43&authorId=87&tId=8>

http://www.wnd.com/images/logos/logo_wnd_new.03.jpg

  |  Page 1 <http://www.wnd.com/>    |  Page 2 <http://www.wnd.com/pg2>    |
Commentary <http://www.wnd.com/Commentary>    |  WND Money
<http://www.wnd.com/money>    |  WND TV/Radio <http://www.wnd.com/media>
|  Diversions <http://www.wnd.com/diversions>    |  G2 Bulletin
<http://g2.wnd.com>    |  About Us <http://www.wnd.com/About%20WND>    |
Terms of Use <http://www.wnd.com/Terms%20of%20Use>    |  Privacy
<http://www.wnd.com/Privacy%20Policy>    |  Contact Us
<http://www.wnd.com/Contact>    |

http://www.wnd.com/images/ICRA.jpg

Copyright 1997-2011
All Rights Reserved. WorldNetDaily.com Inc.

 <http://www.wnd.com/resources/privacy.asp>
http://www.wnd.com/images/FinalMark.gif

Read more:
<http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=313029#ixzz1PqIytRqQ> Is
it fair to ask Muslims questions?
<http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=313029#ixzz1PqIytRqQ>
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=313029#ixzz1PqIytRqQ

Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-os...@yahoogroups.com.