http://robhoey127.blogspot.com/2011/06/questioning-islam-and-mohammad.html

Monday, June 20, 2011

Questioning Islam and Mohammad

I think the best way to learn about something is to ask a lot of questions,
especially after you've read about a subject and still are not clear about
what it professed.  Take Islam, for example. I have questions that I believe
cannot be answered by mortal man, but I'm going to ask them just the same.
All of my questions have to do with Islam, the religion of peace, and they
came to me after having read the Koran, the perfect word of God, or Allah.

My first question is why is Allah so easily offended? If you don't pray to
him five times a day, he's in a snit. Does he have an ego problem that
causes him this almost chronic anger with people who don't tell him how
great and powerful and wonderful he is five times a day? Is his ego so
fragile that if someone said something funny about him, he couldn't take a
joke?

Next, I'd like to know why, if he gets really upset with somebody who
blasphemes in his name, why does he need a human being to carry out the
vengeance that's supposed to be rendered to the poor unlucky dude?

Why does he hate non-believers when it was the human qualities of doubt and
rational thinking that he gave them, that makes them doubt his existence in
the first place?

And if he hates Jews and Christians so much, calling them apes and pigs,
respectively, why doesn't he just stop creating them, this all powerful, all
knowing god?

Why did Allah give Mohammad permission to have more of everything than all
of his followers--more wives, more booty, more favors? And why wasn't anyone
else ever around to hear Allah or even Gabriel, tell Mohammad that he could
have those twelve wives, have sex with a 9 year old child, behead 800 Jewish
men and pubescent boys?

Why is it obvious that many people are better human beings, showing more
caring and more love for people than Allah, who, Mohammad said, created all
of those human beings that Allah wants to uncreate by sending them to a
horrible hell where their flesh burns off to be replaced with new flesh so
they may feel the full pain of his punishment?

Finally, why is the koran so filled with inaccuracies about the world and
the universe when it is supposed to be the perfect word from Allah? It seems
to me, after reading it, that a modern child knows more about the earth and
the universe than Allah, the god who created all of it all--is it possible
that Mohammad made it up as he went along?

Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-os...@yahoogroups.com.