http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0911/west090911.php3?printer_friendly

Thank you, America, for the golden age of Islam

By Diana West

http://www.JewishWorldReview.com | It is something to have gone 10 years
without an Islamic attack of similarly gigantic proportions to those of
Sept. 11, 2001, but it is not enough. That's because the decade we look back
on is marked by a specifically Islamic brand of security from jihad. It was
a security bought by the Bush and Obama administrations' policies of
appeasement based in apology for, and irrational denial of, Islam's war
doctrine, its anti-liberty laws and its non-Western customs. As a result of
this policy of appeasement -- submission -- we now stand poised on the brink
of a golden age.

Tragically for freedom of speech, conscience and equality before the law,
however, it is an Islamic golden age. It's not just the post-9/11 rush into
Western society of Islamic tenets and traditions on everything from law to
finance to diet that has heralded this golden age, although that's part of
it. More important is the fact that our central institutions have actively
primed themselves for it, having absorbed and implemented the central codes
of Islam in the years since the 9/11 attacks, exactly as the jihadists hoped
and schemed.

Take the U.S. military, symbol plus enforcer of American security.

In Afghanistan, our forces are now "trained on the sanctity of the holy book
(the Quran) and go to significant steps to protect it," as the official
International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) website reported last year.

Are they similarly trained to take "significant steps" to "protect" other
books? Hardly. It's reckless and irresponsible to demand that troops make
the protection of any book a priority in a war zone. But it's not merely the
case that U.S. troops have become protectors of the Quran in the decade
following 9/11. "Never talk badly about the Qu'ran or its contents," ISAF
ordered troops earlier this year. Did the Pentagon restrict language about
"Mein Kampf" or the "Communist Manifesto"? They, too, were blueprints for
world conquest that the United States opposed. Of course not. But the Quran
is different. It is protected by Islamic law, and that's enough for the
Pentagon. Not incidentally, ISAF further cautioned troops to direct suspects
to remove any Qurans from the vicinity before troops conduct a search -- no
doubt for the unstated fear that infidel troops might defile the protected
book.

None may "touch the Qu'ran except in the state of ritual purity," the
Islamic law book Reliance of the Traveller declares. And "ritual purity,"
naturally, is a state a non-Muslim can never, ever achieve under Islam.

Since when did Uncle Sam incorporate Islamic law into military protocols?

Since 9/11.

Now take the State Department, symbol and nerve center of U.S. action on the
world stage.

In July, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced a collaborative effort
between the United States and the OIC, newly repackaged as Organization of
the Islamic Cooperation. (It used to be "C" for Conference.) The
get-together planned for Washington, D.C., is supposed to implement a
non-binding resolution against religious "stereotyping" (read: Islamic
"stereotyping") that passed last March at the U.N. Human Rights Council.
Such "stereotyping," of course, includes everything from honest assessments
of the links between Islamic doctrine and Islamic terrorism to political
cartoons. This makes this U.S.-led international effort nothing short of a
sinister attempt to snuff free speech about Islam. And that sure sounds like
a U.S.-co-chaired assault on the First Amendment. Not only is this treachery
on the part of the U.S. government, it also happens to be part and parcel of
the OIC's official 10-year-plan.

Since when did Uncle Sam get in the business of doing the bidding of the
OIC?

Since 9/11.

This is just a snapshot of what the rush toward Islamization as a goal of
national policy looks like, 10 years since the Twin Towers collapsed in a
colossal cloud of dust and fire. The air has cleared, but the appeasement
and the Islamization go on. Thus, a golden age begins, but unless we throw
off this mental yoke of submission, it cannot be our own.

http://ads.doclix.com/adserver/serve/img/ad_img/default1m.pngProtect Your
Community!Earn A Criminal Justice DegreeLearn More Today! Prepare For The
Future By Earning Your Degree Online in Criminal Justice.

Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-os...@yahoogroups.com.