Budget, now that they've already cut it by $500 Billion?  That's a
bald-faced lie.

http://tinyurl.com/3zy2e3z

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Troops & Veterans Aren't Paying Their Fair Share?

<http://waronterrornews.typepad.com/.a/6a00e551d9d3fd88330154358fa1ec970c-po
pup> Obama-BuffettWell, the POTUS has declared that he has a plan to reduce
the deficit by $1Trillion to $4 Trillion over the next 10 years, depending
on what part of his marketing you're reading.  He has said that it's time
for all of us to pay our "fair share," and pointed to the words of one of
his biggest contributors: Warren Buffett.  Buffett is an astute investor who
was able to put together a few million in campaign donations for Obama (and
for Hillary) in 2008, ensuring they backed TARP which netted Buffett a few
billion more in net worth.

Buffett has campaigned for higher taxes on the rich, for as long as he's
been an Obama supporter.  To hear the spin, Buffett is paying less in taxes
than his secretary, but Buffett doesn't say that being rich, he doesn't need
(and likely doesn't take much of) an income.  He doesn't say how much he
pays his secretary, but evidently, this translates into needing to raise
taxes on those that make $250k/year, as opposed to the tens of billions that
Buffett has in wealth.  At any rate, the reported increase in taxes on the
small segment of America would supposedly increase tax revenue by $35
Billion, less than the worth of Warren Buffett, and a small part of the
total claimed deficit reduction.  At best, it's a token (<1% to 3.5% of the
claimed savings) and a slogan, to politicians, but a helluva cut in takehome
pay for the people that employee others.

So, who are these miscreants that aren't paying their fair share?  The ones
that will pay to balance the budget deficit?  Well, Military Retirees are
evidently a big part of those not paying their fair share.  While the POTUS
and his SecDef talk out of both sides of their mouths, the POTUS plans to
slash military retirement pay and benefits.  Evidently, Twenty years of
risking life and limb, of sacrificing comfort, and time with family, is
insufficient to earn a full retirement.  He wants an "independent"
commission to rubber stamp his idea of cutting up to 44 years of retirement
pay($21 Billion).  And he wants those that do retire to pay for it
themselves, with a 401k plan, instead of a retirement plan.

And those health benefits, earned by wounds, injuries, and constantly
beating up their bodies?  To get those, the military retirees should pay
$200 more
<http://www.stripes.com/obama-deficit-plan-would-re-examine-military-retirem
ent-1.155558> in the first year (and increasing every year) to get those
treated.  That's $7 Billion more Obama sees in new taxes, er, "savings."  He
also wants to increase, again, the amount Combat Veterans pay for their
prescriptions to get another $20.6 Billion out of our Veterans.  It seems
our Veterans will pay more than the "evil" rich people that sign our checks.

And the $500 Billion he's already asked to be cut from the Department of
Defense?  Oh, that's only part of what he thinks should be cut.  He wants to
cut another $260 Billion cut and claims another $1 Trillion will be saved by
retreating from Iraq and Afghanistan.  Nevermind that he's already planned
to retreat from both, and already claimed those savings from doing so.
Nevermind that we're talking about a 10 year plan in a city where only the
budget for next year is sometimes approved.

He also wants to cut Medicare ($248 Billion) and Medicaid (and TriCare for
Troops and Veterans).  These are likely as much smoke and mirrors as the
rest, but he claims his plan will cut $320 Billion over 10 years, beginning
in 2017, when someone else would take the blame, if it ever got passed by
the 2017 Congress, and it won't.  Oh, yeah, he'll veto it, if he doesn't get
to tax the rich, but the 2017 budget won't be passed until at least 2016, so
this isn't going to happen.

So, evidently, the biggest portion of people that Obama thinks are not
paying their fair share are the Troops, Veterans, the Elderly,
Farmers($2Billion), and the poor.  Those are the people from whom he expects
to extract 96+% of his budget savings ($965 Billion to $3.65 Trillion), not
those "evil" rich people like Warren Buffett and the guy that signs your
paycheck($35 Billion).

And, yeah, a portion of that money he's claiming is based on his speculation
that the economy will grow over the next 10 years, increasing the taxes we
all pay.  Supposedly, the way that will happen is that by increasing our
debt, we'll get more tax revenue.  We all saw the signs for that in 2009.
He told us then that if we didn't spend twice as much as he wants to charge
us now, unemployment would be 8+%.  When he got his party to pass that,
unemployment jumped from 7% to 10% and we haven't seen less than 9% since.

So, when Obama and Panetta, look the Troops in the eyes, and say "We can't
break faith"  with those fighting Our "contingency operations," that's
called a poker face.  When they say they will fight to preserve the DoD
Budget, now that they've already cut it by $500 Billion?  That's a
bald-faced lie.

So, per his claims:
$1 Trillion from retreat from Iraq/Afghanistan.
$320 Billion from Medicare/Medicaid ($248 Billion Medicare)
$260 Billion more from the DoD Budget (on top of the other $500 Billion he
already cut)
$47.5+ Billion from Military Retirees
$35 Billion from taxing employers (i.e. the "evil" rich)

And with all that, (or the bigger $4Trillion), he still won't have cut as
much in 10 years, as he has increased the debt in 3 years. ($5 Trillion)
while cutting the DoD by $500 Billion.

The Plan?
<http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2012/assets/join
tcommitteereport.pdf>

Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-os...@yahoogroups.com.