website at:

http://www.csu.edu.au/faculty/commerce/market/conferences/slammain.htm

Brief Introduction:

>Charles Sturt University - Mitchell,
>Orange Agricultural College -The University of Sydney
> and
>University of Western Sydney - Hawkesbury
>
>invite you to take part in the inaugural Australian
>
>SPIRITUALITY, LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE
>
>At the University of Western Sydney
>Hawkesbury Campus
>Richmond, Sydney
>26-28 September 1998
>

>³If something is worth saying, it is worth listening to.² Harrison Owen
>
>The Conference
>
>The inaugural Spirituality, Leadership and Management Conference is an
opportunity for those searching for better ways to live, work and learn to
come together and share their wisdom. It provides a unique opportunity for
people from throughout the world to come together in this land of the Holy
Spirit (Australia was once known as Terra de la Espiritu Santo), the land
of the Dreamtime, to listen, to discern and to commit to a better future
for the world we share.

>It is becoming increasingly clear that the economic rationalist model of
the work place is not sustainable in the long term. Writers such as Jack
Hawley in Rediscovering the Spirit at Work, Mathew Fox in Re-invention of
Work, Lee Bolman and Terry Deal in Leading with Soul, and countless others
have developed the theme of re-establishing the links between spirituality
and the leadership of work  (and other) organisations. Meanwhile, Gregory
Bateson, in his theory of learning, has identified a developmental process
in learning levels which can be seen to parallel the development of
management and leadership theory and the path of spiritual development.

>Against this background, the conference will provide an opportunity to
develop these themes intellectually (academic papers) as well as
experientially (workshops). There will be ample opportunity for
participants to observe, reflect, develop ideas and experiment with their
insights and build networks.

>For Up-Dates, Visit Our Web Site:
>
>http://www.csu.edu.au/faculty/commerce/market/conferences/slammain.htmMike
Holdstock
personal and organisational growth support
training, facilitation, counseling and coaching
personal vision - to be working at my own creative
edge by supporting others in their work on theirs
email: mike.holdst...@swipnet.se
tel +46 (0) 707 444 525
fax +46 (0) 707 110 679