Koos,

For me, the law of two feet speaks more of following what has heart and
meaning for me. I do not think of it in terms of "leaving" a situation but
more in terms of moving toward something for which passion has arisen.

With this in mind, I think that if I am neither contributing nor receiving
(even when I am "having a good time") my mind will begin to wander, and I
will no longer be able to be fully present . . . most often when my mind
wanders, my body follows right along . . . and I end up being somewhere
contributing and receiving.

This occurs without conscious choice-making - it simply happens. I do not
believe that I "force" myself to leave a situation in which I am not having
fun (or am not contributing or receiving - or as an excuse to get away from
an uncomfortable situation) because I know that there is a reason for me to
stay if my mind has not yet departed . . .

This, for me, is the essence of the law of two feet - when my mind wanders,
my body follows right along.

Good day to all,

Barry Owen
The Owen Group
5518 Kendall Drive
Nashville, TN 37209
Phone 615-356-2888

Simply living the FourFold Way in Open Space

My Worldwide Open Space Web-site:

"http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/9215/";