If someone is "stringing" this list, he/she is putting in a lot of
work.  It is possible to have a "stringed" (actually, the technical term is
"threaded" but what is a thread if not a string?) discussion web site that
also forward mail messages.  This list isn't one.  There is ***free***
software available that can be placed on a website to support such a form.

If this is what is desired, and someone is willing to set it up on their
website, this wouldn't take too much effort.  On the downside, someone will
have to take care of security issues  -- the website will be open to all
eyes, even those who don't belong to this list, or it can be closed, but
you will have to additionally log in each time to get messages.  It is a
"pull" rather than a "push" technology, and also sucks up more bandwidth.

So.

Murli

At 08:09 AM 9/10/99 -0500, you wrote:
Has this been done?

> I recently have heard that the list is not only
> archived but also offered in strings on a website - it is not that I
> disagree these things can be done - just don't do it without letting those
> who contribute (or even lurk...) know  - it changes the rules without us
> gnowing, or growing - Even we should remember to: show up and be present
> (here I am), TELL THE TRUTH, follow what has HEART and meaning and Let it
> go.

I knew (as with any listserve) that the archive is available - Where is the
website with the strings?

I can say that there was a time when I thought that would be a nifty thing
to do . . . and I began to work on it within my fledgling "Global Open Space
Institute" site . . . and then I realized how cumbersome that whole thing
would be. I can't imagine anyone having the time to actually do it. I do
know that the "New and Improved" OST site (USA) has a marketplace which
supports "stringed conversation" - but to my knowledge, there has not been
an effort to string the archives of this listserve. Ah well for what it's
worth, I agree that the changing of the rules arbitrarily is quite
counter-productive and inhibiting to the group. Trust is compromised.

So back to the original question - Has this really happened?

Barry Owen
The Owen Group
5518 Kendall Drive
Nashville, TN 37209
Phone 615-356-2888

Simply living the FourFold Way in Open Space

My Worldwide Open Space Web-site:

"http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/9215/";