Susan,
the theme statement is well thoughtout and clear.  I have done several 1/2
day OS events (although it is not my preference).  At one event, I put the
theme up on the easel and asked the group if this was the right one.  It
wasn't.  They soon worked through the process of putting the right statement
together.  In fact, it was a nice way to have them establish ownership of the
event.

Even though the dynamics of a 1/2 day event is different from a longer event,
I feel that it is worth doing OS whenever and however possible.  If nothing
else, it gives people a taste of OS, and wanting more.  Hope this is helpful.

Dave Koehler