The simple answer to your question,

> Is the Open Space movement capable of taking us out of the boxes that we're
> doing open
> space in - you know what I'm saying??"

is that Open Space is all about breaking down barriers and getting us out of
boxes.

Having said this, I can't help but react to some other parts of your message.
For one, were you deliberately trying to provoke reactions when you made the
following contradictory comments just two sentences apart?

> This book that I'm reading called Undoing Racism says that until we "undo
> racism"
> that everything else that we do will be for the benefit of white people.
and
> I am also noticing the community service movement includes a
> majority of white people - incidently doing service mostly for people of
> color.

For another, I wasn't aware that either community service or Open Space had
attained the status of a "movement" -- whatever that may imply.

While there is some value in taking the black & white view of the world that
you seem to be adopting, this does seem to ignore and possibly devalue all the
other views.  For example, you didn't say whether you yourself are
black, white, yellow, red or ...
male, female, cross-gender or ...
homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual or ...
anglo-saxon, hispanic, cajun or ...
christian, muslim, jewish or ...
and so forth.
It seems to me that while there is relevance to all of these perspectives (and
the many others not listed), Open Space is really about relating to each other
as human beings in a universe of other beings,  letting all of us appreciate
all views and agreeing on ways to live together in diversity and harmony.

Patrick McAuley

PTM Consulting
20 Magnolia Lane
Guelph, ON  N1G 4X7