György Beck wrote

> Harrison, I am not going to hide or forget the original name. Also I am
> ready to change, if my solution seem not working. Though we have different
> words, for the space, where the stars are, the room, where people gather,
> for the space what I make when I am writing these words, and use the same
> word for the square and the space. (In Hungarian the "space and time" would
> sound the same as the "square and weather" :-)))
>
> I agree, that the Rose can be called any way, if we know, what is behind
> the name. I think a name tag today should also be a buzz word  that is
> saying, what we want to say, without much explanation.

 I have had the same problem with the name in Sweden. Although we use a lot of
English words, I think it is better, if possible, to use equivalent Swedish
words. As I was the first one to write about OS in Swedish media I had to do
something about this. In the articles and in my book I have always told about
the origin and the English name. But also that the closest Swedish words would
be "Öppet Forum". Öppet means open and Forum, yes it is a kind of space, but
not outer space. I was delighted to see that the French had come to the same
solution and use the term "Forum Ouvert". And now that this also is a way to do
it in hungarian.
So this is how I do it when I introduce OS in Sweden in Swedish.
Ingrid Olausson