In a message dated 2/18/01 2:59:53 AM, hp.etz...@t-online.de writes:

<< Many Poles I know believe freedom means driving a BMW, Audi,
ChryslerDaimler
... to deal with each other on the basis of partnership and equality is
still a very strange notion.  >>

Hape--

I'm working on a leadership training program for Siberian women.  The project
director, Jan Secor, tells us that because leaders, under the tsar and the
Communist regime, were people of privilege, the leader of even a small,
not-for-profit organization expects to have certain privileges because of
that leadership position.  And this is expected by organization members, as
well.  So partnership and equality do not come easily to mind for anyone.

We are hoping to model equality and shared leadership in our program--a
challenge for all of us!

My best wishes on your good work!

Joelle Everett
813 East Leeds Drive