You know, I hope this isn't too off the wall and morbid, but yesterday, my wife
and I attended a memorial service for one of her mother and father's friends.
It was pretty typical, in a church, Lutheran prayers, etc.  However, the
minister was a bit irrevent about it all and shared some of the humorous
personal moments about the departed.  That was the best part of the service,
the personal stuff.  Being a former Catholic, I no longer attend Church, nor
believe in that type of God, so during the prayer part, my mind wandered.  And
it struck me.  Open space would be perfect for a memorial service.  Imagine all
the themes those attending could choose to discuss. And imagine the "book of
proceedings" the widow or widower could recieve.  What a gift.  Imagine the
closing circle, a powerful process indeed, certainly would lift anybody's
spirit.  So, just a thought, and also a curiosity.  Am I the only one to think
of such a thing, and has it been tried at a memorial service?

Looking forward to your replies