Thank you, Birgitt,

Looking forward to see you soon!

Elena Marchuk

----- Original Message -----
From: Birgitt Williams <birg...@mindspring.com>
To: <osl...@listserv.boisestate.edu>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 9:47 PM
Subject: Re: making the most of a very short OS

> Dear friends and colleagues in Open Space,
> With great gratitude to my colleagues here in Sweden, we have moved
another few steps in our thinking together about the Open Space
Organization. Of course a key part of the Open Space Organization is
frequent use of Open Space Technology. And going back to what we really all
know inside, deep inside, remembering how to be human beings together in
this great Open Space we all live in. I learned a new phrase here that I
like so much I wanted to share it: when we work with the Open Space
Organization, we use Open Space Thinking and Open Space Wisdom. A whole way
of thinking. And some added, a whole way of living. I liked that so much. I
also learned that in Sweden, children are raised with Open Space. They are
taught the basic givens, the field in which they are to grow, develop,
learn, and then they have the freedom to make choices even at a very young
age, knowing that they must take responsibility for the consequences of
their choices. Sound familiar?

> I am off to Siberia from here. Elena Marchuk, a woman with a big heart and
great dreams, has pursuaded me to come to do a four day OST training. I am
happy to volunteer my time. And I thank the OST institute of the US for
contributing my airfare from Stockholm to Novisibirsk and back. I ask of the
rest of you, who choose to do so, to include us in your prayers as we see
what happens and are prepared to be surprised.