Dear Joelle,

how are you?

thank you for your nice letter, .... it is so warming us and gives us a
shoulder of community!

We are just back from our trip to Nojabrsk (Novembersk - if translated, as
the place was called this way because there was a new oil - place found
there in Novermber...) and the people in the North of Siberia are not just
the average people - they are more active, then the average people as they
decided to move North - to some 63 degree of North parallel... to live there
in the permafrost - where they have already snow on the ground - as well as
in Novosibirsk today.... a little bit early...

they are very intellectual - the people we worked with and it was a sort of
funny to look as they fulfill our tasks in Future Search Conference and just
jumped fulfilling OS technology -  at once they understood what we wanted
from them, not even listening all instructions up to the end, so I asked
them to wait a little bit and listen all the instructions, may it was wrong,
they were already started to discuss all their ideas....

but it was really good process, though it started as usual with unexpected
things. As I thought we agreed on the dates with the Mayor of the city, he
was asked to go to the Regional meeting to "defend" the budget of the City
and his vice-mayor was working with us. but when we arrived, thinking that
we need to start the same day, the people were surprised and said, that the
workshop starts tomorrow....

so the first info went throug with the dates 10-11-12, and the new agreement
becouse of the flights "tuesday and friday" going to Novosibirsk and back
was LOST. so they said : "Well, you will fly next Tuesday...." which was not
a way for us as Marina has a new OS on Sunday with "Young Leaders Club" of
8-10 years old children  and their parents and doesn't know what will
happens if children will have question, how they will lead the group
discussion and so on... so we did ask to find other ways of going to
Novosibirsk and there is an every day flight from Surgut - another oil place
three hours drive (in the night) there from Nojabrsk, so we did it after the
closing of FSC and the flight was 6:50 am to Novosibirsk - so happy and
tired without night - we are back home!!

take care

and good luck

elena