At 11:41 PM 3/11/2002 -0700, Christine Whitney Sanchez wrote:
Great conversation all.  Harrison, you wrote:

 Freedom and responsibility can be a heady brew, but totally necessary
for meaningful human life. I don't quite know how i got started on all
this -- but it is something about seeing the revolutionary character of
Open Space, particularly when done in certain environments. All of which
raises the (ethical) question --  should we be playing with this fire?
Personally, I don't have any choice.

The revolutionary character of Open Space with its attending freedoms and
responsibilities, are at least half of the appeal for most of my clients
who are sick of opening the dialogue among the stakeholders with the very
best of intentions, only to have most voices fall silent after a
wonderful, one-time event.  In fact, "passion bounded by responsibility"
has become a permanent mantra in some organizations that did not close the
space after an OST event.

In one "certain environment" revolution was specifically called
forth.  Last August, while many of you were attending OSonOS, I was
opening space at the Girl Scouts - Arizona Cactus-Pine Council, Inc.'s
Revolution Retreat.  This event intentionally catalyzed the next iteration
of a cultural change effort that continues to inspire me.  As I'm writing
this, I realize that I sound like it's the organization that is doing
something.  Of course, it is the people who have opened thereby opening
the system.  I've written an article about this project for the Chaordic
Commons spring newsletter and would be happy to share it once it has been
printed.

Harrison, I understand that you will be lunching this Wed. with Tamara and
Jacque - the two head revolutionaries.  Enjoy!

I did indeed have a wonderful lunch -- and enjoyed a great story. I urged
the co-conspirators to fully share their tale with this illustrious crew.
Hopefully, they will oblige.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive