  From: Anne Stadler
  To: osl...@listserv.boisestate.edu
  Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 11:01 PM
  Subject: FW: Sept. 11th a Memorial Affirmation

  Here is the affirmation I am making re. Sept. 11th.  If you wish to join me,
please communicate your views publicly in whatever way you choose.  I have sent
this letter to several newspapers, and to my Congress people and to you.

  Blessings, Anne

  Sept. 11th, Memorial Affirmation:

  On Sept. 11th, 2001, the terrorists chose death.  The rescuers and many of us
who rushed to help chose love and life.  A fitting memorial to those who died
on 9/11 would be for each of us to make the choice the rescuers did.

  Here is how I want to honor those who died:  I say:  Enough war.  Enough
killing.  I give my gifts to creating a world without war. I accept my
responsibility for the well-being of the human family and the larger living
world.

  I want my government leaders to use our treasure on behalf of life.  I say to
them: Don't make the same choice the terrorists did.  Stop making war.  Bend
every effort to provide safety through building a just, sustainable and
peaceful global society.
  I would rather accept the risks of change in this direction-just as they did
who rushed in to rescue people on Sept. 11, 2001.

  Sincerely yours,

  Anne M. Stadler
  18468-47th Place NE
  Seattle WA 98155