Erich and others,

I am thrilled at the discussions of networks meeting periodically!  This to
me is the beginning of growing our capacity to live collectively in open
space.  Bernd, I love the homeopathic-systemic metaphor.  The more space we
open, I find the more people have the insight that living in the practice of
open space works quite well.  And when we begin to practice being together
in OS, well, as Bernd said, "the system continues along its (changed)
routines... spiraling towards its future."

I'm just catching up on the last 60 messages or so and want to add a couple
thoughts about periodic gatherings based on what we're learning through
Spirited Work (which meets 4 times per year and is in its 5th year).

The main inspiration for responding was Erich's comment:
> which is an interesting experiment for re-opening spaces and how to let
grow networks
> at the same time- which needs more activities than to open spaces.

Why do you believe it needs more activities than to open spaces?  We have
found that over the years of Spirited Work, folks take more and more
responsibility not just for the content of the sessions but
the form and direction of the community.  While there is a group of stewards
who meet once a month, the needs and decisions the community faces, as well
as a variety of projects that have been incubated at SW, show up in the
marketplace.

On Doug's question about continuity between weeks, because there is a flow
of people through the weekend, we open the space every morning.  The agenda
wall is continuous for the weekend.  On day 2, postings already up for the
day are re-announced, intermingled with new postings announcements.  I've
never sensed boredom in doing a re-opening.  We do start with a blank agenda
each season.  One other sort of posting has grown over time -- we use a wall
of windows for announcements of events and activities that happen between
Spirited Work weekends.  It's a great reminder that the space really is
open.

Peggy