A big, big thank you Alexander for the ellipse.  I was thinking 'what about
an ellipse?", my favorite form but didn't want to sound uninformed (code for
stupid!).

I'm not a mathemetician but I am interested in seeing shapes that mirror
shapes we see in nature.  We do see circles and squares in a few natural
forms, we do see a few 'straight' lines but in nature the 'organic' shape is
more elliptical.  I'm trying to envision what kind of structure would hold
an organization that operates AS an open space organization.  I apologize if
I am inviting a discussion that long time members of this list have already
had. . . BUT I'd like to hear folks play with the idea of shape as a model
for an open space organization.  My instinct has been telling me it is an
ellipse and I haven't voiced this thought with the group I am working with
to define what kind of vessel would hold an open space organization but I
keep whispering ellipse to myself.

If anyone is going to be generous and share their thinking about shape of os
org, I invite you to also think about what a decision making/communication
structure would look like that aspires to be open space.  It is pretty easy
for me to see a five person os organization, I can still see ten person,
twenty.  But thinking abundantly let's imagine this new venture is very
successful and has 100 members with five income-producing projects and 100+
different levels of ownership interest (some investors do not actively work
in my imaginary organization so processes, I think, need to be clear for
accountability) .  And, if you are still thinking about my invitation,
remember that it is open space 365 days a year and livelihoods are at stake
and what would an os that lasted five years look like.

Just having fun thinking and welcome any thoughts.

Thanks for the ellipse.