I can see that the Mindells mean something different when they say "open forum".
I found this link to a short description of their "open forum":

http://www.democracyinnovations.org/openforums.html

from the link:

The goal of open forums is to bring together people representing the entire spectrum of
opinion on an issue-making space for all voices to be heard while facilitating a
dialogue between them. All voices are a valued part of the whole and need to be
expressed and heard if we are to create a sustainable multi-cultural community.

Arnold Mindell, a leading experimenter with social forums, says, "The basic idea of [a
forum] is to promote awareness and respect people and nature, to treat every moment
as precious and to consider each and every event from as many sides as may be
present, while protecting those with least power."

* * ========================================================== osl...@listserv.boisestate.edu ------------------------------ To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of osl...@listserv.boisestate.edu: http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist