hello doris,
a few links to notes about this at http://www.globalchicago.net/ost . scroll
down the page to the bottom of the section called 'hybriddesigns.'   these more
about the outer space arrangments.
that said, you might notice that the big now of inner space that webring to
short events is same as longer events.  they used to say that"outward bound"
adventure learning program could happen with threepeople under a table, not
just with a dozen out in the woods and themountains.  i suppose open space can
happen in one good deep breath.
having carved it up in this way, i'd say open the inside first! ...and let your
inner space notice how it can fit into the smallerouter spaces.
good luck!  michael

On 4/23/05, Doris Gottlieb <dlgottl...@chello.nl> wrote:>  >  >  > > Hello,
it's actually been a long time since I asked participated on the> list, but
I've been reading it in the shadows here for quite some time. I> have a
question that actually I'm a bit afraid to ask.  I've  been asked if> I would
be willing to run an Open Space event within a larger meeting for> highly
placed members of a government organization.  The person who has> asked me to
do this felt that it would be extremely important that people –> beyond the
topics that are posted already in the meeting program – could> also have the
opportunity to have a space where unspecified, and unannounced> topics could be
discussed.  I our discussions I always feel that this is a> very good and
important issues and that doing this through Open Space should> be possible (a
way to create a reflective space for people). > > The question is, the session
would be very short 1,5 hours.  I am wondering> how to manage this and how to
do it to both stay true to the spirit of Open> Space while at the same time
living in the parameters that are there from> the client. I was wondering if
anyone had experience with working in such> short time-slots (within a larger
day) using Open Space?  And if so, how did> they experience this, and how have
they worked it? I thought I remembered> some years ago that there was someone
who was working sometimes with very> short  sessions in Open Space?  But can't
remember his/her name and haven't> found the postings in my email archives. > >
To me this is part of my own journey in finding out how to use Open Space in>
my work and life. I've wanted to give it a chance when there were>
opportunities and to find ways to incorporate it even when the conditions> were
not "perfect".  Thanks so much for any help or ideas about this that> you can
provide. > > Doris Gottlieb > >   * *>

--  Michael Herman Associateshttp://www.michaelherman.com...inviting
organizations into action
Small Change News Networkhttp://www.smallchangenews.org...blogging giving