And there is a Paris, Ontario, Canada and a Boston, Ontario which is
about 20 kms from Scotland (Ontario), and there used to be a Berlin but
the name changed to Kitchener just around the start of the WWII. And for
those who attended that infamous music gathering in northern New York
state, there is a Woodstock, Ontario where i spent a good part of my
early childhood.

duff

Masud Sheikh wrote:

Ah yes, when broadband is really cheap (across geographical boundaries)
and handhelds would have the power of desktops, the thing to do would be
to drop in to Budapest, Paris or Berlin from my home in Oakville, which is
a suburb of Toronto.

And "Paris, France" reminds me of our early days in Canada, when someone
said that a family member had gone to London that morning, but would be
back in the evening. Having only known about THE London (England) we were
mystified, until we found out that there was a London in the Canadian
province of Ontario. We had ASS U ME(d) our "absolute" knowledge.
Masud