Kevin,
Welcome to the list! I have found this list the place where I'm
closest to more than 400+ strangers (more and more of whom have
become friends) over the past 4 years.

As Chris Corrigan (www.chriscorrigan.com/parkinglot) mentioned
recently, this list is an incredible place. Indeed, for me it has been
a source of spiritual support. Many miracles have been born here. I've
lost count.

I think your nose will tell you who you want to "remember" OS with, as
OS has always been with us and nobody can teach it. Only a
"reminderer" (not facilitator or even trainer can "teach" OS), many of
us believe.

I "remembered" OS with Birgitt Williams (www.genuinecontact.net) in
Novosibirsk, Russia (like you, I'm an American
abroad- based in Moscow). The Genuine Contact Program offers one of
the many ways/approaches/"schools" to OST. It has been so interesting
to learn that with OST we have come to part/much of the answer. And
each of the approaches to OST offers a special something. And OST is
changing too as we are as people.

One of the most satisfying regular events that the OST
community/organization holds regularly is the international annual
gathering of OST practitioners and those with an interest in OST: the
Open Space on Open Space (OSonOS).

Moscow has the privilege of hosting next year's OSonOS,
August 4-6, 2006. This is an absolutely delightful way of meeting many
of those who have been doing this work for a while (or just started
yesterday). You can learn more about the OSonOS at:

http://www.openspaceworld.org/news/open-space-on-open-space

Another very valuable (perhaps under-mentioned) resource is Harrison
Owen's Understanding Open Space CD audio set. This set is his
"reminding" talks from an OST Reminding Workshop in Seattle in 1999.

I have found especially the first CD to be extremely valuable in
"remembering" what OST and os is.
http://www.openspaceworld.org/cgi/wiki.cgi?BooksAndVideos

Lastly, you might want to consider from the very beginning creating a
mentoring circle or stammtische (thanks to our German OSWorld friends,
and Michael Pannewitz in particular for this term--
www.openspaceworldmap.org) of people who practice or have an interest
in OST. Creating a community of practice does not have to be something
hard or time-consuming: it can be like a stammtische -- meeting at a
bar, or something that has the formal elements of an OST meeting as
might be the case with a mentoring circle. Once you begin creating the
community it makes the work of introducing OST in places where people
are not as familiar with it much easier, and it is easier to learn.

Warmly,
Raffi Aftandelian
essenceworks consulting group
Moscow, Russia