I feel this article came up with the wrong interpretations

As a mathematician, I ask that people do not let their self-confidence in
integrity get bamboozled by words such as complexity and chaos. For starters,
I suggests entertaining the ideas that complexity is simplicity if you look at
wholes before parts;

what people could start enjoy knowing is that:

If people who study a phenomenon’s future dynamics in parts come up with a
different consequential interpretation than people mapping whole, it is vital
to openly debate the two answers, however unconventional the whole’s forecasts
may be

It is not true that future exponentials are always unpredictable – see for
example these 1984 forecasts http://www.normanmacrae.com/netfuture.html#Anchor-
Changin-27687 or read Thomas Friedman’s more uptodate future history
http://boards.charlierose.com/board/topic.asp?ti=15737

BIG PICTURE SIMPLICITY
The relevance today is that like many 1980s systems thinkers -eg Buckminster
Fuller - we can be almost sure that globalisation (and all networking
connectivity) will compound one of two very opposite scenarios depending on
whether:
*Global decisions are mostly made in bits by a few superpowerful people

*Or evolve with 2 million global villages each determining its communal
gravities but also interconnecting boundaries harmoniously

The scenarios forecast that one will mean the end of most people two to four
generations out (sorry if this timing strikes you as imprecise but as a blip
in nature's world this is as precise as I can make it), whilst one will mean
the most harmonious and fulfilling time to be alive everywhere. Crucially to
me the chances of an in-between state 2 to 4 generations out barely exist – it
is one or other of these futures that will exponentially compound.

I would suggest these are the key questions NOT to be bamboozled out of

Which scenario is the end game of which type of governance?

Which type of governance will we get unless a lot of people work to transform
the patterns that are already spinning?

By when will globalisation’s spin become almost impossible to turn round?

If what I have tried to summarise matters to you there is more at
http://exponentials.blogspot.com and http://valuesystem.blogspot.com as well
as much more if we choose some contexts but that tends to be most quickly
mapped if you rehearse that biggest context which you see as one overall
invitational challenge to reconcile

When I am being a tad more controversial I will stand up and say the way we
train or condition our children to think now is the war that horrifies me most
of all. Because - even the most ethical or religious people may never see the
choice that waved by us

chris macrae wcbn...@easynet.co.uk