Subject:        Re: [OSLIST] OS LIST

It worked! Thanks, Eric.

Diane

On Feb 10, 2006, at 8:50 AM, Diane Brandon wrote:

Thanks, Eric,

I just went to the archives, and found the option
 LISTSERV-style, with list name in subject      [SUBJECTHDR]

and clicked on it. Then I hit "subscribe" (this seemed like an odd command, as I just wanted to "change option" but there wasn't a choice like that). I then got the email message below:

Confirming:
> SUBSCRIBE OSLIST Diane Brandon WITH SUBJECTHDR
Your subscription options have been changed to SUBJECTHDR.

However, when I went back to the archives, the setting seems to have reverted to the older one. I guess I'll just wait and see if the new setting "takes."

Could you (I assume you are list manager), set it so we all get, in the subject line, [OSLIST] then the subject
?

I manage 4 lists, and I am able to set it up with that default, so everyone gets that style of subject line header.

I use an iBook (Apple), with Mail, not Outlook. I don't really want to have multiple email folders, as Jim suggested. I like seeing my email come in without having to click around various folders..... some sort of chaos/synchronicity thing that I enjoy! (I like to know who is at the door, but not have different types come to different doors.)

Diane Brandon
Eliot, Maine

On Feb 10, 2006, at 4:39 AM, Erich Kolenaty wrote:

Dear all,

and again: You may change your options for your headline (and so on) by using the link you find in the bottom of every OSLIST mail.

view the archives

Good luck
Erich