To: <osl...@listserv.boisestate.edu>
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 8:17 AM
Subject: Re: open space and synchronicity

Phelim -- Synchronicity seems to be a common bed-fellow with OS, but I can't recall anything quite as in-your-face as your stories. Without getting into
an arcane discussion of cosmic net, connections and mysterious forces (all
of which I am sure are operative) it seems to me that one way of
understanding the phenomenon is to notice that in Open Space somehow our
senses (all seven or eight of them) go on high alert. We then notice a lot
of things that ordinarily pass us by without a trace. To me the wonder is
not so much the perceived synchronicities but rather the heightened
perception. I suppose one might explain some of this in terms of what the
Buddhists call Mindfulness -- but real mindfulness is typically only
realized after intense Practice. Which might then suggest that OS is then
some form of a collective Practice . . .? And what do you have to say about
that, Mr. Chris Corrigan???

Somehow related to all this is the experience I have had on multiple
occasions where the weather (rain, sun, snow, clouds etc.) seems to mirror, or possibly occasion, the moods and happenings in an OS. My sense has always been that in some rather remarkable way the participant group was in strong alignment not only within itself, but also with the world around it. I don't
know how you would ever measure or prove this, but it is a curiosity.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland 20854
Phone 301-365-2093
Skype hhowen
Personal website www.ho-image.com
OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the
archives Visit: www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html