  From: Harrison Owen
  Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 11:12 AM
  Subject: Re: What don't we know about conversation and dialogue?

  Doug - funny thing. I have never had a good conversation that was anything
but energizing. I guess that is a "by definition" thing. In a good conversation
I always feel the energy flow and it inevitably seems that more flows into me
than I ever give away. I am not sure how the physics works on this unless the
conversation itself creates energy (2nd Law of Thermodynamics be damned!) which
can then be shared by all participants with lots to spare. That is certainly
true in every Open Space even if I don't say a word. Which may suggest that
conversations take place on multiple levels, in addition to the verbal. To be
sure I may feel tired at the end of the day(s) - but it is good kind of tired.
A sense of satisfaction and completeness.

  Harrison