From: OSLIST [mailto:osl...@listserv.boisestate.edu] On Behalf Of Murli
Nagasundaram
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 4:34 PM
To: osl...@listserv.boisestate.edu
Subject: Re: In Praise of Murli

Harrison, thank you very much.  My brown skin notwithstanding, my cheeks
are almost turning ruddy with embarrassment.   Embarrassment because,
really, I am doing so little to keep this going.  One needs to keep in the
perspective the fact that there would be no OSLIST if there were no OS, and
no OS if there were no Owen.  I am grateful and delighted to a small part of
a big community and movement, one that is very clearly a force for good in
this world ... and heaven knows we need a lot of that in these times of
needless and senseless strife.  Because of a dear friend of mine, I got to
spend a couple of weeks in Palestine, Israel and Jordan last summer
(including a few days in a refugee camp), and there I found far more warmth,
goodwill and deep sense of history and culture than the media would allow to
be presented.  Movements (if you will allow such a term) such as OS create
alternative connections among peoples from the ground up, challenging
established notions, defeating institutionalized perceptions, recreating the
world in way that really makes so much more sense.

Thanks to you, Harrison, and the entire OS community,

Cheers, all, and warmest regards during the chilliest of months,

Murli

Murli Nagasundaram, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Information Systems Boise State University, College
of Business Boise, ID 83725, USA http://www.murli.com mu...@boisestate.edu
ph: (208) 426-3905
fax: (208) 426-1135
>>> " Harrison Owen" <hho...@verizon.net> 12/01/06 12:45 PM >>>
Many people have commented on the quality and vitality of this wonderful
OSLIST. Some have even wondered how we did it - hoping to copy the approach
for their own organization. Needless to say they were disappointed to learn
that OSLIST seems to happen pretty much by itself - self organizing as it
were. Well that is almost true, but there is one well kept secret.

Some many years ago Murli Nagasundaram came to an Open Space event, an
OSONOS I believe. As he was leaving he asked whether we might want a
listserve in order to stay in contact. And since he worked for Boise State
in something to do with computers, he could and would make the necessary
arrangements. All the rest is history, but part of that history has been a
well kept secret - Murli. I can't ever remember seeing him online, nor can I
remember ever seeing him face-to-face again. But not a day goes by that I am
not thankful for his continuing presence, and of course also for the
computer capacity of Boise State. They run OSLIST as a public service, we
have never been charged - and when things get a little screwy, as recently -
the fix is virtually instantaneous.

So here's to Murli with many thanks!

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20854
Phone 301-365-2093
Skype hhowen
Open Space Training www.openspaceworld.com <http://www.openspaceworld.com/>

Open Space Institute www.openspaceworld.org Personal website
www.ho-image.com
OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
Visit: www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html
<http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>