Hi Raffi

And especially impressed about how you were able to move ahead with the OST
meeting after being "stopped in your tracks."

This has happened to me on more than one occasion even during this event. The third day was April Fools. A senior manager decided to play a prank - to inform the group that an executive decision had been made close the program. Needless to say, we were all stopped in our tracks.

I'm curious, what specifically worked in your instance to get the space open
quickly after the scientist raised the objection?

Hmmm. Good question. I don't know if we opened the space quickly after the objection or if the space slowly opened during the day as people began to talk with and listen to each other.

I do recall my co-facilitator inviting the group to make the call - to try something new and different, a methodology that had proven to work with other groups around the world - or to stick to the regular routine. Something along the lines of if they chose to try something new, they would have to find a way to trust each other and the process but as facilitators, we would be willing to support the direction that they chose. I can't remember a clear, verbal response either way but in the end, the decision was made to move on and try something new.

Best
Allison

Allison Hewlitt
Senior Program Officer - IDRC/Bellanet