Alask

One wonderful thing about Open Space and the OSLIST is to hear different views without feeling comments are personal.

I assume people came because the invitation and theme interested them. If so, they probably wanted to discuss issues of direct interest. Otherwise, they might as well attend a lecture and sit in rows theatre style, not circles.

The difference between LGPs or LGIs is that all are bottom up, participative processes, reversing conventional and deadly top down approaches of control freaks. It's not that "messages from the top" are inherently bad but the fact that most organisations fail to allow anything else.

I am glad your event was successful, but hearing "experts" presenting rapid fire one to ten minute presentations for a whole morning would have driven me batty.

Regards

Kerry