[Hi all! I'm posting the below on behalf of our dear Alan Stewart, still
occasionally afflicted with that terrible debilitating condition called "I
can't post to OSlist" -appreciatively, raffi]

Hi Michael and All

I go along with Lisa and Tenneson's comments about time, relationship
generating, non controlling and vital skill
in co-creating animating questions which are at the core of the issue at
hand, when bringing the World Cafe (TWC)
process into a mix.

The intimacy and depth of conversing which happens with groups of four
around small tables, no matter how many people
are in the room, is often a novel and thrilling experience for participants.

And would add that I have found using OST and TWC in combination very
useful, particularly when there is a time gap
between the two. Starting with OST to generate what to consider. And then,
after a period such as a month for those
passionate about a particular possibility to reseach its implications, all
come together in TWC format to explore findings
and decide on where to set priorities.

Or to have Cafe conversations first through which participants may come to
'see' more in people who they have only known 'peripherally'. Perhaps
through Meg Wheatley's idea that "Intelligence emerges as a system connects
to itself to itself in new and diverse ways." Which is similar to the notion
of - and may be based on - Humberto Maturana as cited by Tenneson.

Followed by OST to address, for example "Where do we go from here?"

Go well

Love

Alan

Alan Stewart, PhD