It seems to me that Patricia's caveat of "after the first moment" is the
sticking point

If "God" is anthropomorphized to mean the big man with the white beard -- as
something apart from His creation -- we do indeed have a conundrum. Such is
the inconsistency in secular Western thought.

However, if we do accept HE/SHE/IT as omnipresent, omnicient, and
omnipotent, there is no possibility of anything being *other *than God.
Therefore, separateness is an illusion, and the universe was indeed
Self-organized -- and continues to be. From what I have seen, this is the
viewpoint held by most mystics (East or West), as well as most First
Peoples.
Carol

--
Best regards,