Some of you have sent messages and positive energy to us in Taiwan since the onslaught of typhoon Morakot last weekend. As you have probably seen on the news and internet there have been huge amounts of rain, wind, mud slides, some communities destroyed, buildings, roads and farms washed into the sea. The major damage is in the south part of the island and mountain regions and rescue teams are still out looking for survivors. The response of volunteers and NGOs, contributions of money and supplies has been overwhelming. And many offers for facilitation have been made.

Cities and bigger towns dried up quickly and are back to normal even though we continue to have some rain. Infrastructure disruption was minimal, and it will take a little time to regain the fresh food supplies.

In anticipation of the gathering here in October, the WOSONOS team is moving ahead with plans and preparation - and we hope you are too!. Add some extra time to tour and enjoy the beauty and essence that is Taiwan!

With appreciation

Gail
--
Gail West