As far as seeing your own messages: I am quite used to not getting my own messages back from the list. I remember there was a setting in my account on the OSLIST server where one can choose to get a confirmation only, or your own message as well, or neither? I have it set to just a confirmation, since I already know what I write (I think :-)

Koos

PS at this moment, I am using a simple webmail client, waiting for repair of my PC. The standard setting is plain text, it sounds like it is wise to keep it that way... Still it is strange that even my plain text messages do not always come through. Most people report getting my messages, but at least one person did not.