For me, OS Event is a pebble dropping in a calm pond - the closing is not an
ending but the invitation for the ripples to radiate outwards . . . and
that's where the REAL work that matters happens . . .

Enjoyed being with Michael H last night to solve all of the world's
problems. We did it . . . and now everyone can rest easier.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Michael Herman
<mich...@michaelherman.com>wrote:

> i usually think and say something to the effect i don't think it's
> really about the length of that first or any meeting, but about the
> commitment to a long-term process and conversation.  an evening might
> be the wedding dinner, but 2.5 days is still just the honeymoon.  what
> i want to know about is the vows and commitments.
>
> that said, i guess this new analogy works well for me, ralph.  thanks!

> --
>
> Michael Herman
> Michael Herman Associates
>
> http://www.michaelherman.com
> http://www.ronanparktrail.com
> http://www.chicagoconservationcorps.org
> http://www.openspaceworld.org
>
> 312-280-7838 (mobile)
>

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Ralph Copleman <rcople...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
> > Shared with future search and open space listserves...
> >
> > Friends,
> >
> > Lately I've had some conversations with representatives of various
> communities who are considering doing what we did here in my town to
> organize our community-wide sustainability effort.  We created the program
> with a Future Search in the spring of '06, and we have used open space both
> before and after that event.
> >
> > Questions from people in other communities revolve around issues you have
> all heard before, namely:
> >
> >        Do we really have to spend 2.5 days to do this, etc.?
> >
> > I used to offer up a medical or dental analogy, along the lines of... if
> you come in with a toothache or need a new kidney, don't tell the doctor how
> much time you have available to fix it.
> >
> > Now I think I may have stumbled on a more effective analogy, and I pass
> it along for what it's worth.  It goes like this:
> >
> > Trying to meet your long-term needs by building a meeting around
> short-term concerns of convenience is like judging the likely success of a
> marriage based on what you are served at the wedding dinner.
> >
> > Anybody got any other analogies or metaphors that really work?
> >
> > Ralph Copleman
> >
> > *
> > *
> >
> > To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:
> > http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist
> >

> *
> *

> http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

--
Barry Owen
Real Estate Broker

Call me: 615-568-2123
Text me: http://www.mycricket.com/send-text-message-online
email me: barryo...@kw.com
Read my Blog: http://activerain.com/blogs/barryo
Visit The Owen Group http://www.theowengroup.net
http://www.owengroupnashvillehomes.com
Barry Owen’s Internet Portal to all blogsites, websites, and social networks
http://tnrealestatetribalhub.wordpress.com/2009/06/02/barry-owens-web-portal/

Simply & BOLDLY Living the FourFold Way in Open Space!

Quintessentially connected to the real estate industry to offer the ultimate
experience for Home Buyers and Sellers in Middle Tennessee . . . Inquire
within!