Thanks for asking this Raffi,

I'm interested in hearing others experiences with pre-planned sessions within an OS container. I am going to be facilitating an experiment with a blended event in Feb where some of the sessions are 'pre- planned'. I have some reservations about going this route, but i'm interested enough in what they are wanting to attempt that i'm willing to give it a try and learn what there is to be learned.

We will be mentioning it in the invitations, so participants will know ahead of time, that there will be a more familiar 'track' available blended in with the OS.

I have been pondering how to handle the opening. We are at early stages in the design, so no firm thoughts yet, as i still have a lot of questions that i want to explore with the sponsor. And, of course, i'm still looking for ways to help them jump fully in with both feet ;). I'll keep you posted on what develops and other questions/ issues that arise.

As i re-read what you have asked, i'm not sure i'm totally clear and if it's what i'm asking about. Where the sessions "pre-planned" as in pre-booked in the schedule or simply known about in advance, or where they 'pre-designed' as in, not emergent/open/inclusive in nature-- affecting people's experience of being able to fully participate?

Cheers,
Wendy