Hello,
I'd like to share something about proceedings, now I do some hybrid proceedings
with a scan and the computer written text, the intention was to share the
feeling of human writing and have the advantages of clear text (searchable
etc...)

You can have an example of the look and feel on slide share :

http://www.slideshare.net/LucBizeul/agile-tour-bordeaux-2010-espace-agoractif-cr-agoraction
(it's do with pages on mac, and on the real pdf you can have a good zoom on the
text, I can send it if you ask)

I don't see any proceedings like that in the os community, I hope it could
inspire you, and if you have a particular style for your proceedings, don't
hesitate to share :)

Cheers

Luc Bizeul