Peggy,

might be, that (the perception of) COMPLEXITY produces a (first) feeling of
beeing overwhelmed
And digesting needs time.

(Maybe there is a similarity to some long and deep silences I also experienced
when the complex GESTALT of the mindmaps in FSConferences became evident to
everybody in the room.)

Bernard