Carms--

I think the way you describe the facilitator in each of those instances makes that person a space invader, and the disgruntled comment was right on. I could have said it!

It makes a difference how and when these things are done. The second instance: the facilitator could hold open the space for posting topics a little while longer, demonstrating waiting for those who are more pensive and less forward. And if anyone asked, could say why in a mild mannered, this is just how I see it sort of way.

And the comment about waiting people could more properly fit in a breakout session, but again without being commanding.

The first instance, which sounds like it actually happened, strikes me as the facilitator's own hang-ups showing. The chairs have to be in a circle for me to feel like I am doing OST right. Bull puckey! We have had OS in fixed bleachers, in semi-circles, in oblongs, with people seated or standing or being their own bulletin boards. It works. Let it work. Let go of your own stuff. And Carms, since you noticed, you probably wanted to go up to the person and say something. Let go of that too!

Tough to do? Tough to know what to do? Yes to both.

:- Doug.