Yes, and not every goal seeker is a control freak. Some of us are quite the opposite.

Consider the man who loves a certain woman, and waits for the current trend of her interest in him to change. He is goal seeking without controlling.

Likewise, trend-following market traders do not attempt to create, control or make trends. They simply identify & ride them, while seeking wealth.

In both cases, there is goal-seeking without a controlling spirit.

Dan