To add to this wonderful collection of large Open Space gatherings, the one I
did was with about 2,100, 1,800 street kids and 300 teachers outside Bogota,
Colombia. The kids were 14-22. They had all gone through a drug rehab program
and we're now in a jobs program. I worked with Andres Agudelo, who was
approached by a Catholic charity that had worked with street kids for 30+
years.

A story about it and pictures are here:
http://peggyholman.com/papers/articles/good-work-for-2100-colombian-street-kids/

Peggy
Sent from my iPad

425-746-6274
www.peggyholman.com

> [...]
> in this data base... except for the 2108 event mentioned above there is no
> other of the really big events listed.
>
> By the way, Erich Kolenaty put together a photoshow, its right here
>> http://www.transformation.at/documents/OS_Wuerzburg_minimized.pdf
>
> His title is "Welcome to the fotoshow of the world‘s hugest Open Space".
>
> Of course, we know better, there are a whole bunch of events with 2, 3 and
> more thousands of participants.
>
> Not recorded.
>
> Have a great weekend,
> greetings from Berlin, still feeling the Belgrade WOSonOS in my old bones and
> looking for the next one in September of 2015 in Poland.
>
> mmp
>
>> On 23.09.2014 22:59, Lisa Heft - wrote:
>> Hi, Raffi, hi, friends, and a deep bow to you, Harold for your amazing
>> work behind the scenes to help the mechanics of this list support
>> incredible communication and sharing.
>>
>> Mark Matlock and I did several face-to-face OS events in Los Angeles,
>> Cincinnati and Atlanta, USA - the largest of which was, if I recall
>> correctly, 3500.
>> I have done quite a number of them at the 2400+ level. Peggy - I forget
>> what your largest may have been? Michael P - was it 2108? Christine
>> Whitney Sanchez - your largest? I name these folks because I am trying
>> to recall who are my OSLIST colleagues who have done this sort of
>> large-group OS…
>>
>> One thing I learned quite a bit from was the collective work done by
>> Christine Whitney Sanchez, Gabriel Shirley and other amazing folks at
>> the 51st Girl Scout Congress - how to weave dialogue (of various forms -
>> different processes with different groups / amounts of people for
>> different specific reasons) into an 11,000 person event. I was *so*
>> honored to be on that team, doing among other things an Open Space
>> meeting of I think it may have been 780 people. Verbal dialogue,
>> internal dialogue… Open Space, World Cafe, story looms...lovely stuff.
>> Such rich learning, in the pre-work, in the conference, and upon reflection…
>>
>> I don’t know how many people Kai Degner (then the mayor of Harrisonburg
>> - yes - Harrison…burg... Virginia… ) had participating in his city-wide
>> OS forums…
>>
>> Lisa
>>
>> On Sep 23, 2014, at 11:50 AM, Harold Shinsato <har...@shinsato.com
>> <mailto:har...@shinsato.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi OSList,
>>>
>>> Raffi's email below triggered complaints from Google about Raffi's
>>> "Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com <http://yahoo.com>" that
>>> unsubscribed at least 130 gmail and googlemail addresses from the
>>> OSList. I've never seen a problem like this in all the years I've been
>>> managing the OSList. Hopefully it is resolved. I think I've added you
>>> all back. But it seems Raffi's email didn't make it through to the non
>>> google people as well.
>>>
>>> Raffi asked me to resend it. Hopefully this will go through.

>>> 9/23/14 10:39 AM