Hi all,

I got the query below from my friend Tom Atlee. It seemed like a great question
for the list. Since Tom isn’t on it, I told him that I’d forward any responses.

appreciatively,
Peggy

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Tom Atlee <c...@igc.org>
> Date: November 10, 2014 at 12:51:54 PM PST
> Subject: Guerilla Open Space?
> To: Peggy Holman <pe...@peggyholman.com>
>
> Hi Peggy,
>
> Thinking about the NCDD conference, I got the idea for "guerilla Open Space"
> to be used in conferences where you want to open the space in the middle of a
> too-organized gathering.  It would involve a central website with
> instructions on what to do and why.  It would involve passing out cards with
> messages like "Is there something that you'd really like to talk about or do
> here that the agenda here is preventing you from talking about or doing?"
> "Would you like to be learning, contributing, and having more fun here?" with
> the web address on it.  Tweets might also be used.  Then, on the main website
> it would tell people about how to do a guerilla open space, referring them
> perhaps to meetup.com to arrange places to talk.
>
> Or something like that.  Have you heard of such  thing before?  Do you have
> any thoughts/responses?
>
> Hugs,
> Tom

_________________________________
Peggy Holman
Executive Director
Journalism that Matters
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
425-746-6274
www.journalismthatmatters.net
www.peggyholman.com
Twitter: @peggyholman
JTM Twitter: @JTMStream

Enjoy the award winning Engaging Emergence: Turning Upheaval into Opportunity
<http://www.engagingemergence.com/>
Check out my series on what's emerging in the news & information ecosystem
<http://www.journalismthatmatters.net/the_emerging_news_and_information_eco_system>