Paul,

This is great. I have some questions, hopefully intriguing questions, which I hope you are willing to answer...I'm very interested in learning about /your/ thoughts on these questions....

Question 1 background:
In this 1st person account, there are several people occupying /roles/:

 * "I am on /the //team.../"
 * "the/lead facilitator/ looks to me..."
 * "The /bosses in the room/ are gobsmacked."

Question 1:
At the time you take these actions, /where does the authority come from/ to take these actions?

The actions:

 * "Er, hey."*I roar.* "Why don't we open some space?" *I'm loud.*
 * *I say: "This is crap isn't it?"* Silence. "Can everyone bring their
   chairs and let's get into a big circle."
 * *I introduce open space* in about four minutes and quickly crab some
   flip chart paper *and tack it to the wall*,

Question 2 background:
It seems as if the person in /lead facilitator/ role authorized you.

Quoting:
"I am on the team and the lead facilitator /*looks to me* for any ideas/...Do you mind if I... I ask, a bit pompously and the /lead facilitator *is up for whatever help he can get*./ I leap up.....

If it is true the authorization to do this comes from the /lead facilitator/, my next question is:

Question 2:
Where does the lead facilitator getting /their/ authorization from? I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that they /are/ authorized, and that this authorization comes from /somewhere/...

Daniel