Death and dying are essential. In the 1990s, there was an amazing economy in the USA happening. And I remember discussing with Roberta my wife "....this can't go on forever." And she said, and we together continue to say exactly what you said Harrison... "...everything has a beginning, a middle and and end."

My sense is, and I think the sense of many others, is that worldwide, we are near the "middle of the end" of all the cherished institutions....and the "standard narrative" that has worked for so long. It's over.

"To get a good job- get a good education."

"Work really hard and you'll be prosper more than you parents did."

Really? How's that story working for us these days? Now what's interesting is the wave riders..."wave people" seem to be doing OK.

"... A ronin was a masterless samuri during the feudal period (1185–1868) of Japan. A samurai became masterless from the ruin or fall of his master, or after the loss of his master’s favor or privilege. Since a ronin doesn’t serve any lord, he is no longer a samurai. A samurai is a “servant”, since the noun came from the verb “/saburau/” which is the Japanese for “to serve”.*The word **/ronin/**literally means “wave man”* – one who is tossed about, as on the waves in the sea..."

Daniel