"Opening space for fascism" I can understand and experience as a non-starter. Does censoring speech increase of decrease liberty? If speech was not censored, would Trump have any traction at all? The latter question is difficult to answer, the former is not.

For the record, I do not currently engage in electoral politics whatsoever and therefore do not support Mr. Trump, or anyone else, for any office, anywhere. Something about legitimate authority and it dependency on legitimate consent:

http://voluntaryist.com/
Voluntaryists are advocates of non-political, non-violent strategies to achieve a free society. We reject electoral politics <http://voluntaryist.com/nonvoting/index.html>, in theory and in practice. Governments must cloak their actions in an aura of moral legitimacy in order to sustain their power, and political methods invariably strengthen that legitimacy. Voluntaryists seek instead to *delegitimize the State* through education <http://voluntaryist.com/articles/040.html>, and *we advocate withdrawal of the cooperation and tacit consent* on which State power ultimately depends.

See also: Is Voting an Act of Violence? http://voluntaryist.com/articles/103.html#.VmisWnvsdek